Tuesday, November 10, 2009

embracing my girlier side

Growing up, I was never what people called "girly." I never played princess, I never decorated with hearts, and I NEVER wore pink unless against my will. I grumbled about being dressed up in dresses by my mother and, when I was old enough to choose my own ensembles, I wore men's t-shirts and jeans for most of my adolescence. Even now, I wouldn't call myself "girly," persay. I still don't wear pink. But I am starting to embrace those feminine touches that make someone not traditionally "girly" feel a little more so without breaking their comfort level boundaries... number one example, ruffles. I love them! And lucky for me, they seem to be everywhere lately.

I am totally obsessed with the idea of manipulating one of my old scarves with some elastic thread and seeing how the ruffles will transform a basic scarf into a major accessory statement with feminine edge, like this lovely, but rather expensive, cashmere version:

No comments:

Post a Comment