Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Friday, December 9, 2016
1) Antique yellow gold engraved band- This has been on my wishlist for awhile now, but I think I have finally found the perfect one!
2) Vintage large oval marcasite ring- In my dreams, I have been pining for a large diamond cluster ring but this is my reality option.
3) Art Deco marquise banded agate yellow gold ring- The key to this ring is the extreme marquise shape and the lily setting on the sides of the stone. I've looked for this setting with other stones, but the banded agate seems to be the most readily available option out there.
4) Small flat yellow gold hoops- I desperately need some good basic yellow gold earrings and I pretty much wear hoops every day.
5) Flat circle yellow gold studs- Would pair perfectly with other gold earrings and are the kind of studs you could wear for eternity.
6) London blue topaz yellow gold studs- These weren't even something I was looking for but ones I stumbled across while looking for my December birthstone post. I love this stone, it is such an incredible color, and I love the unique shape of these earrings.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
these stunning earrings! And the hexagon cut just puts these over the top. So beautiful!
Monday, November 28, 2016
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
These stunning earrings, featuring rough cut citrine set in two simple gold bands, keeps all the focus on these beautiful stones. The rough cut of the stones along with one of the most prominent characteristics of MJM's design aesthetic is all about capturing the one of a kind look.
Monday, October 17, 2016
October babies have the pleasure of having pink tourmaline as their birthstone. The varying colors and shades of tourmaline are unmatched. And these pink tourmaline slice earrings by Pamela Dale are a stunning example of tourmaline's wonderful shade of pink! I have long been a fan of gemstone and diamond slices and their organic nature. The addition of rose cut and brilliant cut diamonds and peach gold drips is just the icing on the cake!
Monday, September 26, 2016
When this popped up in my Pinterest feed, I think I literally gasped out loud! I know absolutely nothing about this ring (my Google search turned up nothing) but it looks like Art Deco or a very well done Art Deco replica. I love it paired with the simple gold band. What a stunning pair! Today is actually my 8th wedding anniversary and as I was fondly admiring my own engagement ring, I realized how much I still whole heartedly love it. Back story: I actually picked out my own engagement ring from a small antique store online, but my husband duped me into thinking he couldn't afford a ring anytime soon. The ring sold (yes, I stalked it online) right around Valentine's Day and I was heartbroken that someone else was walking around wearing MY engagement ring. Two months later, my husband asked me to be his wife with THE ring! I am still incredibly happy with the choice, and wouldn't change it for the world, even though my jewelry tastes have changed, developed and evolved over those years. I hope that all the ladies out there have such happiness with their own rings (and partners!).
Friday, September 9, 2016
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
this beauty kept popping up. Nothing over-the-top extravagant but still stunning and incredibly wearable. The filigree is just beautiful on this shield pendant, the pear shaped sapphire is picture perfect and the twinkling diamond accent at the top is just the icing on the cake! Happy birthday September babies!
Friday, August 12, 2016
Art Nouveau beauty is the quintessential perfect shade of vivid chartreuse. The emerald cut lends beautiful depth to this light colored gemstone. And the swirls of gold and tiny diamonds compliment this stone nicely. Such an enchanting piece!
Thursday, July 14, 2016
1) Antique patterned yellow gold band- I am still looking for juuuuuuuust the right one, but this one is lovely and at an exceptional pricepoint.
2) Diamond baguette eternity band- This one is lovely and thin and perfect for stacking!
3) North Star necklace- I am really quite obsessed with North Star or starburst designs right now. I love the pairing of this North Star necklace with the side set moon.
4) Antique Starburst ring- I love, love, love this ring! Tiny diamond set in a starburst and a scrolling pattern on the sides. Absolutely exquisite!
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
this ruby pendant. I love the double bail, the lily and scroll details, and how the princess cut ruby is positioned. All in all a piece I would definitely wear to represent my birth month!
Friday, June 17, 2016
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
INCREDIBLE Art Nouveau pearl pendant, and the decision made itself! Here's the description from Christie's: "BY GEORGES FOUQUET - The fire opal drop, set within an opalescent and blue cloisonné enamel winged cap, to the blue cloisonné enamel and rose-cut diamond scrolled trim, enhanced by a pearl, suspended by a blue enamel bail, mounted in 18k gold, circa 1900." There are literally no words to describe how I feel about this stunning masterpiece!
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Mother's Day fell through. I was so devastated... the ring did seem a little too good to be true at such an incredible price, after all! I had resolved that there was no way I would be able to find something again within our budget but decided to look around just in case, and lo and behold, I found this ring! Not only was it EXACTLY what I was looking for and the same price as the original ring but it was my size and I actually like the design a little more than the original (I am much more of a geometric girl than a floral motif girl). And it felt good for a disappointing moment to turn into a happy one. Now this mixed white and yellow gold combo is my new favorite ring outfit!
Sunday, May 8, 2016
Friday, May 6, 2016
uncut emerald. I usually do prefer faceted gems but just look at that emerald! Such a lush color even without facets to bring attention to the depth and dimension of the stone! And the detailed setting pairs nicely with the organic shape of the emerald bead.
Monday, April 11, 2016
this Art Deco pendant called out to me. It combines many of my favorite design elements, including the pear shape of the pendant, the lily shaped bail, the ascending diamond sizes, and the beautiful filigree accents. Just incredible!
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Yeesookyung. I am so incredibly inspired by this artist's work Translated Vase series, from inspiration to execution. Now I am obsessed with integrating kintsugi, the Japanese art of mending ceramics with gold, into my design. Although this is certainly not a new idea (check out jewelry artist Jamie Joseph's stunning pieces), I am excited at testing my own take on this beautiful method.
Friday, March 4, 2016
this 15 ct. stunner in a yellow gold milgrain setting with a decorative bail of sterling silver over gold with diamonds. This pendant hangs so beautifully. And as beautiful as the diamond setting is it perfectly allows the aquamarine to take center stage.
Friday, February 19, 2016
this previous post!) Turns out my father gave my mother this ring shortly after they were married. So incredibly happy to have a sentimental piece passed down from my parents.
Thursday, February 11, 2016
this beauty! A piece I could certainly love and wear with just the right amount of "drippy-ness" and a perfect balance of statement and wearability.
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Happy birthday January babies! Garnets are such a rich colorful stone and, in my mind, just perfect for the cold winter weather of January. In my search, I stumbled across this circa late 3rd Century B.C. garnet necklace and was just blown away. The style of this necklace is exquisite and very much wearable today. I am so incredibly inspired by the stone settings. (Click through the link to see the setting in more detail.) Such a remarkable piece of history.