Thursday, August 30, 2012

mission statement

I cannot believe it has been a month since I posted last!  Where does the time go?!  This in no way will become a habit, I assure you!

A few of my friends, and fellow bloggers, and I had an interesting conversation about blogs and how some of our regular reads, and what they cover, seem to be more and more unrelatable. Based on that discussion, I thought it might be a good time to revisit my little blog's purpose... 

I have a very small handmade jewelry business which generally allows me to continue making jewelry and afford the upkeep of my studio at home, with very little profit left over. I love jewelry and am constantly looking for inspiration, from mass retailers to handmade jewelry artists to antiques to high end designers. Some of the product I feature on this blog is aspirational, whether it be in design or simply daydreaming about what it would be like to own these unattainable (at least for me) pieces. Somehow when I blog about a piece of jewelry I desperately love but never in my life could afford, I feel like part of me is satisified by declaring my love for it in a public forum even if I can't own it.  This is the mission of this blog... to share my love of jewelry, in all forms.  I hope you have enjoyed my blog over the years and continue to do so!  Happy reading!

(Photograph from here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment