Tuesday, October 6, 2015

for October babies

Happy October!  I can't believe I have been doing these birthstone posts for a year now!  Because my love of birthstones is endless, I thought I would continue with this monthly tradition but switch gears slightly.  So this year will be all about antique birthstone necklaces!

I love October and the fall season... the cooler weather, the changing color of leaves.  And with all the remarkable colors that come with the fall season, I find it slightly surprising that pink is the color to represent this month.  But the rich deep hues of pink tourmaline do conjure a feeling of fall, with the usually vibrant pink deepening and darkening with the changing season.  This Victorian pink tourmaline and seed pearl necklace holds the most beautiful tourmalines, with just the perfect shade of pink for the fall season.

No comments:

Post a Comment