Saturday, July 25, 2009

WELCOME! Glad you stopped by to visit...


I love jewelry. What more can I say? I guess a lot since I created this blog to talk about jewelry! So let me introduce myself...
my name is Kelly. I graduated from Temple University in 2003 with a degree in English- creative writing. I am currently attending Moore College of Art and Design for metalsmithing. I have never been happier than when I am in the studio, torch in hand. I love the unique qualities and the perfect imperfections that come with handmade jewelry. I officially started to develop my own business, Villette Jewelry, about two years ago but I have been making jewelry, in one way or another, most of my life. In my day job, I work for Anthropologie, Inc. and love the creative energy there.

Many things inspire me... antique and vintage jewelry, fashion in the 1910s, 1920s, 1930s and 1940s, fellow bloggers and crafters, the small little details that make something special, everything Jane Austen, semiprecious stones, the balance of 3, Alfred Cheney Johnston, pantone colors (especially 550U!), The Humument and other brilliant book art, old B&W or sepia tone photos... the list could go on and on. Currently I am loving hammered metal, london blue topaz and tourmalinated quartz, oxidized silver, monograms, water casting, and combining soft and hard materials in my designs.

I hope you enjoy my blog and Villette Jewelry!

No comments:

Post a Comment