Thursday, July 30, 2009

the jewelry collection of my dreams.

Above is an image of my wedding day jewelry (I got married this past September). Being a lover of antique jewelry, this was one of the most exciting parts of planning and shopping for my wedding.

As soon as I got engaged, I started to search for pieces and put together this collection. It took me almost the entire year and a half of our engagement to complete it. The brooch, a gift from my husband, started off the collection shortly after we were engaged and the final piece, the watch band, I finally found two weeks before my wedding! Each piece was purchased separately at different locations, either from antique stores in Philadelphia or ebay. I was working on a budget so it took some serious searching to find pieces that worked together and had the look I was going for but didn't break the bank. (Searching was half the fun anyway!) The metal types vary, from rhodium plated silver, to sterling silver, to white gold and all of the stones are marcasite or imitation sapphires and diamonds. And although they do not match perfectly or were ever meant to be a set, I love how the collection came together in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment