Wednesday, October 7, 2009

nyc

My brother and sister-in-law were in town and we decided to take a day trip to NYC. I have toured most of the major landmark locations at some point throughout my life and often travel to NYC for work, but my sister-in-law, who has never been to NYC, wanted to see all the traditional stops. The most inspirational location to me happened to be the New York Public Library. Maybe it was because I haven't been there in so long, but I didn't remember all the small little details of design that truly make the library beautiful. The carved woodwork in the most unexpected places, the wrought-iron covers to fire hoses, the water fountains! Every little nook and cranny holds something special to find. I am now obsessed with finding a miniature version of this lion head to slide around on a gold chain.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great content, I really enjoyed the insign you bring to the topic, awesome stuff!
    Jewelry NYC

    ReplyDelete