Monday, October 12, 2009

time for halloween

I am starting to get in the mood for Halloween... I can no longer deny myself chocolate with the rows and rows of temptation displayed in all stores. I start to crave the slasher movies of my youth. The weather is changing to a crisp cold with a breeze that reminds me that winter is on it's way. I no longer receive inquisitive looks for wearing an oversized scarf because I am finally appropriately dressed for the temperature. I am suddenly aware that the days are, in fact, shorter. Not to mention, the rapid color change in leaves and pumpkin flavored food everywhere. I LOVE this time of year.

Sadly, I believe the days of me regularly dressing up for the holiday are over. (Not to say I never will again... it just is no longer consistent or definite.) But maybe I'll give a little nod to the day of the dead this year with some Halloween-inspired charms, like my skull and amethyst necklace:
Or I could rock this mature version of the plastic spider ring:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment