Thursday, April 21, 2011

aquamarine dreams

I can't seem to shake the desire for an antique filigree aquamarine ring. I have been tirelessly searching online for one but, like goldie locks, nothing is JUST right. I would love to find one with a cushion cut pale aquamarine. So now I am tossing around the possibility of either choosing an antique one that simply catches my eye or having one custom made to fit my exact specifications. (photo courtesy of Aspire Auctions)

UPDATE: I found one! An antique Edwardian (dating back to the early 1900s) 14K white gold filigree masterpiece with an emerald cut aquamarine measuring approximately 10mm x 7mm. And I found it at Halloween. (Like I needed another reason to love that store!) I especially love the tulip design on the side. Believe me, this photo does not do this ring justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment