Wednesday, March 14, 2012

cubic zirconia's bad rap

Once upon a time, there was awful, cheap cubic zirconia jewelry that gave cubic zirconia a bad rap. And sadly that stigma has stuck. But I think it is about time we acknowledge that this stone is worth taking a second look at. I am an avid diamond lover, as you will know if you have ever read my blog before. I love them, I do. But when you want the look of a diamond without the hefty price tag, than cubic zirconia is a wonderful alternative. I have used them in my jewelry before and have always been happy with the outcome. But I am sad that using the name cubic zirconia in my work somehow devalues it. Here are 2 great articles in support of CZs. (photo from here.)

2 comments:

  1. i love your blog. you have great information related diamond. thanks for the knowledgeable post.
    Cash Gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you on the Cubic Zirconia. I personally do not want a diamond at all (for an engagement ring) because I feel that it only adds more fuel to the superficial/materialistic fire. I honestly cannot understand why a diamond (which IMO is a no different than a gemstone) gets so much praise and adoration. To me, as long as the band of the ring doesn't turn my finger green and the jewel doesn't break or become loose, it shouldn't matter.

    ReplyDelete