Saturday, August 1, 2009

supply shopping and the end result

I took the day off from work yesterday, for no particular reason other than to just have a relaxing yet personally productive day off, and went supply shopping in my neighborhood. Of course I had to hit my favorite stores...
First stop, Anastacia's Antiques... I love this store and the woman who owns it, Stacy. Every time I go in she directs me to anything new I would love and always looks out for anything I say I am interested in buying. I looked for some small side hair combs to add to my collection but had no luck this time around.
Next stop, Antiquarian's Delight, an antique mall housed in an old synagogue. This place is an antique lovers dream. I stopped by to shop at Barb's store and found an awesome broken watch face. I talked to Barb for about a half hour about a bunch of items I was interested in... speaking to this woman is like getting a crash course in the history of antiques... I love it!
Final stop, Beadworks, my general jewelry supply store. This place is conveniently located in walking distance from my house and they have a good selection of quality semi-precious beads. The sales people are really sweet and they really try to get to know their customers. I bought some silver beads, chain and a few other items and headed home.

And the projects began... what a great use of a vacation day!
From my day's shopping, I finally had all the pieces I needed to make my much desired watch necklace! I oxidized silver chain and some silver faceted beads and added two pieces of pyrite to the chain as a special little touch. I am really happy with the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment