Monday, September 14, 2009

seattle

So I am back from Seattle, and I am happy to say it was an amazing visit. Seattle was on my top 5 have-to-see cities in the United States so I was glad to be able to check one of those destinations off my list. It was quite an enjoyable trip, being work related or not. We had some free time to walk around the city the first night we were there, one destination being Pike Place Market. It was interesting to see so many facets of retail in one location, from fish markets, to fruit stands, to stationery stores, to jewelry boutiques. One of the things I noticed about Seattle is that stores really care about their signage. In Philly, you are lucky if you get a sign telling you where you are... but in Seattle there are so many cute, personalized signs that announce not only the retailer's name but also manages to communicate the feeling of the store, by well selected fonts and images.


And of course, it wouldn't be a real trip to Seattle without the Space Needle. Here is a view of it from the block of our hotel:

No comments:

Post a Comment