Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I "heart" inspiration board

My last post inspired me to create an inspiration board. These are some timeless favorites of mine that consistently inspire me:(from right to left, top to bottom) PERSUASION by JANE AUSTEN- my favorite book, a story of second chance and timeless love/ ORANGE POMPOM DAHLIAS- my newly discovered favorite flower/ ANTIQUE CAMEOS- I love the classic ones with a profile of a beautiful woman/ BUTTERFLIES- the colors and patterns are magnificently beautiful, nature at it's perfection/ GRACE KELLY in REAR WINDOW- this movie is steadily creeping up to be one of my all time favorites, Lisa shows she is more than just a pretty face and fashionable attire/ VINTAGE PHOTOS- especially ones with women that really reflect fashion of the time, I absolutely love sepia tone/ TOURMALINATED QUARTZ and LONDON BLUE TOPAZ- 2 of my favorite stones to use, I love that the inclusions make every piece of quartz unique and I love the color saturation of the topaz/ ALFRED CHENEY JOHNSTON- I love the sexy poses and the fashion in his photography/ A HUMUMENT- both beautiful and poetic, I adore Tom Phillips' work/ VIOLETS- my grandmother's namesake and her favorite flower, she continuously inspires me long after she has gone/ THE NUMBER 3- there is something about the balance of 3 that comforts me and is often present in my work/ STEEL BLUE- my favorite color, I gravitate towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment