Friday, February 5, 2010

outfit inspiration

Well, I was supposed to be attending a Wine Feast & Auction fundraiser for the Delaware Theatre Company tonight, but it looks like the impending blizzard has ruined those plans. But I can't waste the outfit inspiration I pulled for this special event:I wanted to channel a traditional 1940s silhouette. Without actually having the vintage pieces themselves, this was relatively easy to pull together with a few modern pieces. I paired a bunch of old items in my closet (a brown tweed high-waisted below-the-knee skirt with flared hem from H&M, a short sleeve ivory sheer blouse from Old Navy, a fitted 3/4 sleeve brown cardigan from Target, a brown wide corset belt from Anthropologie, brown textured tights from Target, and orange T-strap heels from Nine West) to create a very curvy, streamlined figure. I finished the look off with some of my favorite antique jewelry (cameo necklace, marcasite teardrop earrings, etched silver bangles) and twisted my hair back with antique tortoise shell haircombs. The outfit makes me feel very polished and womanly. I definitely need to save this outfit for some upcoming special event... can't let a good outfit go to waste!

If you live in the area, have fun playing in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment