Tuesday, August 18, 2009

fabric flowers and soft details

You may have noticed already the rise in fabric being used within jewelry lately. I have been experimenting with it myself for a little bit now and I am loving the contrast between soft and hard materials. Here is one sample:Fabric flowers seem to be adorning the necks of women everywhere (or at least they will be soon!). And I am currently obsessed with searching the internet to find ways to make different flowers out of fabric. I am in love with this necklace from Anthropologie as a twist on fabric ranunculus (and, again, I am loving the mix of soft and hard materials):This is quite the statement piece but when worn right can really make an outfit. If you are not quite ready to make the plunge into such an extreme necklace, I recommend the scarf/ soft necklace hybrid. I fell in love with the etsy designer, Necklush, about a year ago and immediately bought two scarves in one shot. Love 'em! (Check them out at http://www.necklush.etsy.com/).

No comments:

Post a Comment