Monday, August 3, 2009

Villette packaging

Here's a sample of my Villette gift boxes. I got a ton of these maroon boxes for free and morphed them into Villette packaging for a craft fair I decided to participate in at the last minute a few months back. Eventually I plan to move over to kraft boxes when I run out of the mass amount of maroon ones I produced. But of course, I am hanging on to the V wax seal as the packaging's "trademark." The fun part will be deciding color combinations for both the box and the wax! I am favoring a baby blue and chocolate brown combo (my favorite color duo) but it will be fun to experiment with other options. Who knows... I might fall in love with something I never expected!Here's my own twist on gift packaging for those gift givers out there! Sure, the gift is the beautiful piece of handmade jewelry lovingly cushioned on a bed of polyfil, but why not add a small note to remind the receiver how much you care? Attached to the underneath of the gift box lid is a little typed note on vintage paper that says "Just because... ___________." The giver can then add their own simple note to the line. It's such a sweet little surprise for the receiver to discover when they open the box. This idea sprung from my love of giving "just because" gifts. I love surprising people with a small little gift on a random day just to let them know how much I appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment