Wednesday, December 30, 2009

happy new years!

Now, I am not a go-all-out kind of New Years Eve girl but this year I have been dying for an excuse to wear sequins and sparkles, and what better day to do that than New Years Eve. Here's the outfit I am putting together for our low-key house party:I purchased a similar top from Old Navy in a tank version but this top is equally inexpensive (and on sale) at Ann Taylor Loft. I would also love to pair it with a similar necklace as shown... maybe some layers of long sterling chains. The rhinestone bracelet from Anthropologie has been on my wish list for awhile and I feel like I now have an excuse to buy it (especially with the gift card I received that is burning a hole in my wallet!). I am going to let the bracelet be the statement accessory and plan to pair it with simple diamond stud earrings and an understated sequined double headband. Not a crazy sparkly outfit by any means, but for someone who barely steps out in anything but solid earth tones and black, this is quite the departure!

Happy New Year! See you in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment